APRS/MIR test ERP

One last thought that would greatly improve the data from this experiment
is to include your Efffective Radiated Power (ERP) in your BEACON.
ERP is your transmitter power at the antenna plus any antenna gain.

For APRS stations, simply add XXw (meaning XX watts ERP)
For TNC only stations, simply add the XXw to the end of your BText.
    Reminder to set your UNPROTO GGGGGG VIA R0MIR and your BText
    must begin with ]$[.......    Where GGGGGG is your gridsquare.

I have a 1 watt ERP APRS GPS unit on a bicycle.  Wish me luck... :-)
WB4APR

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home