Help On Mir!

Hello:

	I live near Austin, Texas and am looking forward to hearing the MIR on the radio. This morning I was looking at my satelitte tracking program and found some information I need some comformation on. I am not sure if it is allright in the program, so rather than stand out with my antenna when nothing is there I would appreciate someone confirming this information.

	My tracking program says the mir will come over austin texas on 1/3/98 at 12:39:26. It says the frequencies are: Beacon:145.985 Downlink: 437.925 and an Uplink: 145.8 It also says this information 145.55 and 145.85 MHz have been reported for both FM voice and FM AFSK packet.  In July 1996, the SAFEX-II system was activated on 437.925 MHz FM voice (digital recorder).  In November 1996, FM AFSK packet on 145.80, and FM voice on 145.20/145.80 MHz was being used.  Beginning in June 1997, AFSK packet/FM voice was on 145.985, although a move back to 145.80 is under consideration.  A packet mailbox with callsign R0MIR-1 is in use.

	I would appreciate anyone checking this information and forwarding me any changes or other inforamtion. Also what would be a good antenna to use and how much power would you need?

Thanks,
Justin W. Pauler

CQ  CQ ANY HELP IS NEEDED DE N5ASA

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home