Re: Primestar Freq Needed

Per the latest issue of Satellite Times magazine: Primestar has and still
does use the 11.7-12.2 GHz FSS band. Originally they were located on GE K2
at 82 deg west, but they now have a new home on GE-2 at 85 deg west.

73 de N5FPW

Larry Van Horn
Managing Editor
Satellite Times magazine

At 12:29 PM 3/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>I just picked up a what looks to be a perfect round 36" primestar dish. It's
>not the funny oval shape like all the other primestar dishes I have seen.
>This one is perfect round. Anyway, it still have the dual feedhorn attached
>to the dish. I was wanting to know if anybody can tell me what the freq of
>this dish would be using the primestar system. I want to know if it's even
>close to any of the microwave ham bands, or the satellite TV C band? Can
>anybody help me out on this one? 73...
>
>Tim Pickett
>kg8oc@amsat.org
>Michigan Amsat Area Coordinator

Satellite Times Magazine - We cover space from LEO to GEO and beyond.
ST Home Page: http://www.grove.net/hmpgst.html
Telephone: 704-837-9200; Fax: 704-837-2216, Toll Free 800-438-8155
Brasstown, NC USA: 35 deg 2'46.3"N, 83 deg 56'28"W

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home