RE: Unimpressed!

Jerry,

I too am sorry to hear that this has happened on your Gateway. Please try
not to let the actions of a few 'bad apples' stop the wonderful work that
you have accomplished over the years. I always try to work someone on the
Gateway if possible when I'm on
AO-27, and I have even downloaded your information off the Web in an effort
to push for a similar set up in my area with our local club.
I did not hear the situation that you describe, but from my perspective,
your Gateway system is a BIG plus to the satellite community.

One of my funniest contacts I've enjoyed was with a mobile station (on the
Gateway) that had attracted the attention of the Detroit police, they came
over to see what was going on, and then had fun talking to the entire
country as the mobile operator allowed an officer to say hello.  It was an
outstanding contact and as I remember the officers left with a new found
interest in amateur radio!

Please continue.

     --73 Dan NN0DJ--
      ANS Bulletin Editor