Re: Mode A: necessary? sufficient?

Laura Halliday writes:

>I submit that the frequency of operation is irrelevant: what
>is needed is education and outreach, to dismantle the widely
>held belief that satellite operation is the expensive,
>incomprehensible pastime of a technological elite.

There is truth in your words, Laura, to the extent that
satellite operation should be "de-mystified".

But I feel Mode-A is valuable for "hooking" newcomers in
that they can "sample" with equipment they already own.

73, de Hans, K0HB/4ID

~~~
 The truth is out there on 1420.4056 Mhz. Listen up, dammit, UP!"
~~~

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home