Re: No More Mode "A" Please.

Brook, as I read your comments below, two of your points stand out that are
of significance in this discussion...  You mention that "Like many new
hams, I had limited resources..."
You also mention that HF operators are attracted to the RS birds... OK, you
didn't put it quite that nicely, but that's the substance of it.  Both are
excellent reasons to continue supporting Mode A's and the like.  We need
the support that these types of operations generate.

I too enjoy satellite operation due in part to the calibre of ham that can
be found on the birds.  This because a certain amount of expertise is
required to operate via satellite.  But to support the more "exotic" forms
of satellite communication, we need to keep the "rank and file" interested.

73 de Joel, W0JDJ
AMSAT #1795

<

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home