Re: Ham Sats

At 06:21 AM 2/20/98 -0800, you wrote:
      Yes the Amsat Journal can be at a very high
technical level at times. At first I also was a bit put off
by this level of writing. But as the issues rolled by and
I started to really read and pay attention to what I was
reading I found answers to many questions I had about
Satellite operating and construction. I found also that this
level of writing also challenged me to do things that I never
thought I would be doing (converting a TVRO converter and
receiving Dove on 2.4 GHZ for instance).
      There are also the straight foward articles on antenna
construction and so on that also please me. I say let a few
issues go by and get an average of what the journal is all
about. Thanks to the Amsat Journal and the Amsat-bb for
challenging me technically.

John...KD2JF
xlr8@worldnet.att.net
FN30

>Did I overlook something?  A few days ago I received the Amsat Journal.
>It was full of a lot of technical materials that was way over my head.
>I understand that ever issue will not have interesting items that will
>please everyone. How could they not mention anything about Ham sats that
>will be launched as early as March 8 and July 1998?
>
>The CQ/VHF March issue arrived yesterday and had a good article on 6
>LEO Amateur sats that are in the building stage.
>
>ASUSAT                 Launch mid 1998
>Maelle Summary    1999
>Pansat                    Pending
>Sapphire                Pending
>Sedsat                   July 1998
>Sunsat                   March 1998
>
>These sats have a big variety of frequencies that will fit into ever
>ones needs. The article covers what frequencies each sat will have which
>include,
>
>Linear and FM  Voice
>AFSK,  Pacsat,  High Speed---Packet
>Spread Spectrum