Re: Ham Sats

Bert -

Thank you for reading my article in CQ-VHF.  This was in many cases a
consolidation of information from The AMSAT Journal, the AMSAT weekly
bulletins, and the AMSAT-BB mailing list.  None of it was really new
other than what I got from surfing the web or communicating directly
with those designing the spacecraft.

One thing that I think *is* important about CQ-VHF is that one of the
intents is to present material at a layperson's level.  The AMSAT
Journal needs to accommodate the interests at all levels.  If you
compare what I've written in CQ-VHF with article's I've written in
The AMSAT Journal I think you'll see a definite difference in technical
level.

This doesn't mean that The AMSAT Journal should discourage non-
technical articles.  (Anybody can submit an article at any level.)
Somebody just needs to write them and send them in.

I hope this helps.  - Ken, N2WWD

At 06:21 2/20/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Did I overlook something?  A few days ago I received the Amsat Journal.
>It was full of a lot of technical materials that was way over my head.
>I understand that ever issue will not have interesting items that will
>please everyone. How could they not mention anything about Ham sats that
>will be launched as early as March 8 and July 1998?
>
>The CQ/VHF March issue arrived yesterday and had a good article on 6
>LEO Amateur sats that are in the building stage.
>
>ASUSAT                 Launch mid 1998
>Maelle Summary    1999
>Pansat                    Pending
>Sapphire                Pending
>Sedsat                   July 1998
>Sunsat                   March 1998
>
>These sats have a big variety of frequencies that will fit into ever
>ones needs. The article covers what frequencies each sat will have which
>include,
>
>Linear and FM  Voice
>AFSK,  Pacsat,  High Speed---Packet
>Spread Spectrum