Amp problems.

I purchased a Radio Shack 2m 30w mobile amplifier several months ago, I
used it 3 or 4 times with excellent results, then the snow started
flying & I became sidetracked with other activities. The amp has sat in
my truck since then, a couple of days ago I flipped it on and tried to
get into a distant repeater, with limited success. It seems that
something is wrong with the recieve amp as I get 30w out but it drops
the recieve strength by about 70%, Is there a simple fix to solve this
problem or a way to dissable the recieve amp???  I was considering using

a htx-202 & this amp for a packet setup, but without the amp I can hear
them but they can't hear me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
73's Ryan Dorman, KC7YPJ
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Dunes/5496

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home