Pacsat question

Hi all...

I would like to thank all the guys and gals who responded to
my pacsat tnc questions.

It seems that many ops enjoy working the 9600 birds more than
the slower 1200. The speed advantage is obvious and one op said
that activity on the 1200 bps birds is not nearly as much as the
faster 9600 pacsats. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to modify
my Kenwood TS790 for 9600 as I'm not exactly proficient at that
sort of operation...but it seems ashame to have a modem capable of
9600 operation and not utilize it.  A few ops also said that the
image files from the 9600 birds are much better than that of the
1200's.

I was wondering if there is a  WEB page where I can see for myself
what the diference is between the image files, etc. of the 1200
and 9600 birds.

If anyone can send a typical image file or any other file via
e-mail from K0-22 or any of the pacsats, I can make a comparison
myself. I will be purchasing a DSP modem soon, and at least I
can decide if I realy need the 9600 capability.

All the best and thanks ....de AB2CJ.

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home