Re: FT-847?

At 02:58 PM 2/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I know it is terribly early in this radio's life to ask but has any one
bought one
>yet, what do you think of it, and has any comparisons between it and the the
>FT-736R been published on or off the Web?

Yeasu showed the radio at the Miami, FL Hamfest and the Orlando HamCation.
It looks like a very nice unit.  Those dealers that had a chance to play
with it comment that the HF side is noce, but not for a real die hard HFer.
 No one I talked to has had it up on the satellites.  The little literture
they had (there is no glossy yet) says full duplex VFOs.  So it looks as if
the radio can be used for the RS satellites (mode K, A).

There is four coax connectors on the back, HF, 6m, 2m, and 70cm.  100 watts
on HF and 6m, and 50 watts for 2m and 70cm.  The look and feel of the radio
is very nice.  I wish I could try it out at home on the birds to give a
more objective review.

 - Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr@tapr.org)

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home