Re: BJ SK

Hi Francisco:

Francisco Costa wrote:

> After a week out of qth, only today I got the sad news.
> Despite I never meet BJ (not even on the radio) I had a
> deeply admiration for him. We exchange several emails,
> and among them, he told me this (dated 08 Sept.1997):
>
> > My health is getting better, but I'm afraid that the doctors will have to
> > amputate part of my left leg within a year. But no problem, I have been
> > expecting this for a few years now. God has been kind to me and has let me
> > use this suffering to help other.

Last December I had a QSO with B.J. on FO-29.  During that QSO he
informed me about his amputation.  Humorously, he said that he was going
send me a photo to run in the Journal with an Arrow antenna strapped to
the end of his leg while he worked AO-27!  Needless to say he never let
his physical problems effect his attitude.  I will miss him.

73,

Russ Tillman, KC5JVB
AMSAT Journal Editor

CF: AMSAT-BB