Re: A0-10 questions

Hi Mike:

Mike Howell wrote:

> Wonder if someone would be kind enough to answer these questions....
>
> 1. For the last few nites now, Ive seen that AO-10 has been in the same
> location as the darkness is (ie- when its nitetime, AO-10 is above is above
> me). I understand that the batterys have failed in AO-10, and that it only
> works while the solar panels are in sunlite- since I have not heard anyone,
> Im wondering if this orbit that AO-10 is in (in corellation to the darkness
> at the same time) is why I dont "hear" anyone.... Also- my keps are over 200
> days old, I hear they quit sending out data for AO-10, so how can I be sure
> "where" AO-10 really is, or even if my logsat info is correct ??
>
> Please help, and thanks....
>
> Mike Howell
> AA5ZX
> mwhowell@arn.net

Keep an eye out for the Jan/Feb issue of The AMSAT Journal as there is a
good article on AO-10 by Stacey Mills, W4SM. Also included in the issue
are some fresh AO-10 Keplerian elements.

The Jan/Feb issue has been printed and is supposed to be in mail.

73,

Russ Tillman, KC5JVB
AMSAT Journal Editor

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home