Re: Mast mtg of preamp question

Rich Mulvey wrote:

> not already enlosed.  Preferably something silver-colored. for minimum
> heating in the sun, and with a drip hole or two, perhaps.

Unpainted aluminum doesn't count--it gets pretty hot in the sun.
I've been painting my mast-mounted transverter cases white.

I've used semi-rigid UT-141 jumpers, but had the solder joints
vibrate apart in high winds.  I now use UT-250 with compression
clamp connectors or LDF4-50 Hardline (connectors are much easier
to install than for Superflex, though I've heard new Superflex
cables are much better).--Zack Lau W1VT

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home