Re: Mode-A: wanted ?

At 06:28 PM 2/3/98 GMT, you wrote:
>Greetings
>
>From time to time there appear messages, papers, pleas etc saying that:
>
>1) there is a need for Mode-A satellites for new satellite operators to
>train on, as well as for those amateurs who prefer analogue rather than
>digital operations; and
>
>2) the present supply of Mode-A satellites is fast decreasing with the
>demise of RS-10/11, problems commanding RS-12/13, battery troubles with
>RS-15, and the non-availability of RS-16. No Mode-A spacecraft has been
>produced by a Western group for the past 20 years (Oscar-8 in 1978).
>
>so ...
>
>Amsat-UK are giving some consideration to this state of affairs but,
>before we go further, we need to determine whether a new Mode-A package
>would a) be wanted; b) be used; and c) supported.

snip......

>Please send your reply to these questions to me; they must arrive by
>28 February 1998. Reply to:
>
>Packet:    G3RWL @ GB7HSN
>E-Mail:    g3rwl@amsat.org
>Satellite: Oscars 16/19/22/23/25
>
>73 de Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
>Communications Officer, Amsat-UK

Just a quick one before I start the days labours....

Have you thought about "MODE A"   FM?

I Know there are power and bandwidth problems...just throwing it in "think
tank" style.

I would support Mode A. I would even rejoin AMSAT!

		73 de VK2XCI. Voice of The Edge of The Outback.
	               Norm at Mount Hope. QF27wd

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home