Mast mtg of preamp question

	I haven't mast mounted my preamps before and I was thinking about doing it this time.  What is the  practice? I was thinking about a short piece of coax to the preamp from the antenna located a couple feed away from the  antenna feedpoint.   Are they ever connected directly to the antenna at the feedpoint?  I was also thinking of mounting a plastic box under the antennas and putting the preamps in there to keep them out of the weather.

		73, Allen Fugelseth WB6RWU
		      Capitola, Ca. USA

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home